Every software technology executive knows how different commercial product development is from internal IT system development. One has to worry about product road mapping, cross-platform development and testing, sophisticated versioning and release engineering needs and finally continuous innovation and IP protection needs.
Accion Labs offers a range of product engineering and R&D services to software product firms – this covers product management, product engineering, product support and professional services. We offer these services to companies at different stages of growth (startups, early stage, mid-stage, etc), different business models (SaaS, licensed software, open-source, etc) and different domains (healthcare, e-commerce, e-business, retail, platform software, media, etc)
Accion offers these services in a range of engagement models – turn-key projects, offshore leveraged EDCs, co-owned IP, shared-risk outcome-oriented models and professional staffing.
Product Engineering Capabilities
- We offer PDLC services across technology platforms (Java, .Net, Python, Ruby, LAMP, Mobile, Big Data, etc)
- Our clients are a mix of startups, early stage firms, mid-stage firms, growing firms and matured software firms
- Our project experience includes new product development, maintenance/support, re-engineering, reverse engineering, platform porting, localization, etc.
- We offer a mix of upstream architecture definition, strategy development services and core product development /implementation services
- Our innovation group has experience of building innovative solutions using a mix of social media, mobility, big data and cloud technologies
- Besides product engineering, we have strong experience with product management, professional services, product support and other functions within a product firm
- Most of our talent (at least 50%) has worked with a product firm prior to joining Accion Labs. We focus on hiring resources from leading e-business, e-commerce and technology firms.
- 100% of our resources are trained on Agile, TDD, design patterns, unit testing frameworks, MDD, BDD and automation – key to success in a PDLC environment
- Accion team has experience in a number of supporting processes/tools – build automation, version control, continuous integration, DevOps automation, etc
- For platform software clients, we have expertise in areas such as multi-threading, high-performance computing, network communication, advanced data structures, statistical analysis, etc
Product Engineering Case Stories
Assisting a leading platform software firm in backup and archival space develop a number of software products in the Java and open-source technology.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Spring, AngularJS, JSF, MongoDB
Helped an innovative startup in the e-business space develop a mass communication platform using BackboneJS and Java.
Environment: BackboneJS, CouchDB, Java/J2EE, Spring/Hibernate, Apache ServiceMix/CXF, AWS, MySQL
Helped a leading platform technology firm in the Cloud space with migration their Vaadin based data management platform to AngularJS.
Environment: AngularJS, REST, Vaadin, Java, Hadoop Mapreduce, MongoDB, Postgress, MySQL
Helped a leading provider of supply chain and workforce management software firm re-engineer their core applications from Microsoft ASP and ASP.Net platforms to Java/Spring and AngularJS UI.
Environment: Java/Spring (Batch, AOP, IOC, Integration, etc), AWS, AngularJS, Mocha, Grunt, SQL Server
Assisted a leading health-care education firm develop a range of performance management and tracking apps using Microsoft .Net, AngularJS.
Environment: AngularJS, REST, SQL, Selenium, C#, MongoDB
Assisted a leading legal software firm maintain and support their legacy systems and then re-engineering to a Rich AngularJS based UI and Python/REST.
Environment: Python, AngularJS, REST, MySQL, Selenium, Django, Behave (BDD testing tool)
Product Engineering Services
Our Advisory services include:
- Product Roadmap Development
- Re-engineering Strategy Development (UI, Data Model, Platform, Toolkit, etc)
- SDLC/PDLC Definition
- Agile Alignment
- SDLC Tools Assessment (version control, build automation, continuous integration, DevOps, release engineering, etc)
- Release Process Assessment/Definition
- QA/QE Process Assessment
- Project Management Methodology/Tools Assessment/Definition
Our execution services include:
- New Application Development on contemporary platforms such as RIA, RDBMS, NoSQL
- Migration of existing apps to a contemporary platforms
- Independent QA/Testing
- Maintenance and Support of existing / legacy products
- Collaborative or Professional staff augmentation
- Reverse-engineering of large code bases/applications
- Setup of R&D focused EDCs (extended delivery centers) in our India centers
- Nearshore EDC setup (in US, Europe and APAC)