Gartner predicts that by 2017, mobile apps will be downloaded more than 268 billion times, generating revenue of more than $77 billion and making apps one of the most popular computing tools for users across the globe.
It also believes that there will be a long term shift away from native Mobile apps to Web apps as HTML5 becomes more capable. Nevertheless, native apps will continue to exist in several niche application areas.
The market for tools to create consumer and enterprise-facing apps is also growing rapidly and in this evolving technology landscape; Gartner expects over 20 million enterprise apps to be developed by 2018. The need to rapidly develop and deploy apps at scale underscores the importance of cross platform development tools & utilities over the coming years. Aligning with this trend, Accion Labs has developed significant capabilities and expertise in framework-based implementations, including cross-platforms tools such as Kony, Xamarin, IBM Worklight, PhoneGap, Sencha, Wope, Backelite and others.
Having done mobile application development for over 11+ years in a range of industries, platforms and device configurations, Accion’s team is well positioned to help you make sense of this rapidly evolving Mobile technology landscape.
Mobile Application Development Capabilities
- With a team of mobile architects, PMs, UI/UX experts, developers, we offer a balanced mix of design and implementation experts, Accion Labs offers a range of consulting services & implementation services to develop your mobile solution needs.Our mobile development capabilities include:
- Building mobile applications in a range of domains/functional areas: Mobile commerce, mobile learning, mobile media, location-aware portals, workforce automation, facilities management, employee communication
- Mobile application development for a number of platforms/technologies: iPhone, Android, Symbian, iPad, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Brew, WAP, Oracle ADF, .Net Compact Framework
- Development using different mobile “architecture”: Mobile Web, Mobile Thick Client App, Mobile Web Service, Mobile Cross-Platform
- Experience with common issues related to mobile development: Web-services integration, GPS integration, battery management, device detection, image resizing, codecs, network management, offline data and synchronization, cross-platform development, integration to social platforms
- Strong experience of SOA based development – key to successful and maintainable Mobile projects
- Strong experience of testing Mobile applications: Cross-platform testing, performance/load/stress testing, automated testing
Mobile Application Development Case Stories
Assisted a large retailer convert a number of workforce management and productivity applications to iPhone and iPad based mobile platform.
Environment: iOS, Objective C, C++, Java
Helped a software product firm with offerings in mobile data management space develop a range of mobile applications and corresponding services back-end.
Environment: Java/Android, Windows Mobile, iOS/Objective-C, Ruby, LAMP
Helped a software product firm in the entertainment and food industry to develop a cross-platform cross-device application for order entry and order fulfillment.
Development of a number of mobile BI applications for a leading provider of EAI and EBS software tools
Enable a suite of e-commerce and online media applications in the pharmaceutical space for mobile access using a mix of native and HTML5 applications.
Environment: Objective C/Cocoa, C/C++, HTML5, jQuery, CSS, Java, Ruby
Mobile Application Development Services
Our Advisory services include:
- Articulating the Mobile value add for understanding the Target audience
- Mobile roadmap development
- Mobile architecture definition
- Tools evaluation
- Choice of Development Approach – Top down or bottom up
- Mobile solution testing approach – Device, Carrier, Backend systems.
- Enterprise Mobility viz. BYOD and MDM strategies
Our execution services include:
- Mobile App Development
- Mobile enablement of existing non-Mobile app
- Porting of platform-centric Mobile apps to another mobile platform
- Conversion of platform-centric mobile apps to cross-platform mobile development
- Mobile data analytics projects
- Responsive Web/Mobile design projects
- Integration of social commerce, social media, analytics, big data solutions in a mobile context